Saturday, January 06, 2007

Compilations of old magazines are suddenly popular

Hotel's fare in love and war - Guardian Unlimited

This article is mostly about things that have nothing to do with collectible magazines, but one paragraph stood out to me which is heartening:

"Compilations of old magazines are suddenly popular, and I was delighted to get The Best of Charles Buchan's Football Monthly in my stocking this year. I hadn't realised, but back in the early 1950s it was largely a middle-class organ, often read by boys who went to rugby-playing schools but wanted to keep in touch with their real love, Soccer (the word always had an honorific capital letter)."

Hotel's fare in love and war
Guardian Unlimited, UK - 15 hours ago
Compilations of old magazines are suddenly popular, and I was delighted to get The Best of Charles Buchan's Football Monthly in my stocking this year. ...

technorati tags:, , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home